It just keeps getting better. Three more Teradata customers have won awards for their data warehouse-driven information systems. Nationwide Insurance has just won two Performance Awards for BI Leadership and Information Applications from Ventana Research. And just days ago, two more Teradata customers, Hallmark and Cabela’s, won prestigious national awards (and so did we)! The GOLD awards were presented at the National Center for Database Marketing (NCDM) conference. It was “déjà vu all over again” for Teradata, because our customers have earned many awards for creating business value. This calls for a toast: may the Teradata community keep on winning world recognition for raising intelligence in 2010! That’s what we do best.
On the awards front, we’ve done really well in the past 12 months, with a lot of important recognition:
- Teradata customers were recognized by Computerworld Magazine in October for excellence in the use of Enterprise Intelligence. These included AT&T, who reported that Teradata has saved the company more than a billion dollars over the course of its collaboration (see link!)
- Computerworld also recognized winners RBC Financial Group, the United States Postal Service, ARC, and Australian Pharmaceutical Industries. There were also many fantastic finalists – also named in the Computerworld news release.
- German retailer METRO was honored with an EHI Retail Technology Award
- Maybank, the largest financial services organization in Malaysia, received a 2009 Financial Insights Innovation Award for its Teradata CRM program
- Three customers won The Data Warehouse Institute “Best Practices” awards: ARC, Freescale Semiconductor, and GE Rail Services.
- Freescale won a BeyeNETWORK Vision Award with Teradata for Business Impact
- Teradata was included in BusinessWeek’s InfoTech 100, the world’s best performing technology companies.
- Nationwide Insurance and Sabre Air were honored as Computerworld Laureates for “the use of IT to benefit society.”
- Telecomm carrier Etisalat was honored at the BSS Summit for use of IT in customer care
- Discover Card CIO Glenn Schneider and Haggen Stores CIO Harrison Lewis were honored for IT systems excellence and listed in the 2009 CIO magazine “Top 100 CIO’s”
- Teradata was rated the industry’s number one enterprise data warehouse platform in the “Current Offering” category in “The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Warehousing Platforms, Q1 2009,” released February 6, 2009 by Forrester Research.
- Teradata was positioned as a leader by Gartner in three categories: The Data Warehouse DBMS Magic Quadrant, The Data Warehouse DBMS Server Evaluation Model, and the Magic Quadrant for CRM Multichannel Campaign Management
- Teradata was selected for the seventh consecutive time by Intelligent Enterprise for the magazine’s 2009 Editors’ Choice Awards -- “The Dozen” – their elite list of “the most influential vendors.”
In addition, many Teradata customers submitted outstanding contest entries and were named as finalists, and we applaud you all! Best wishes and Happy Holidays! Bring on 2010!